Royal Enfield Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be stupid but I see no recommended minimum octane rating for this bike. Another forum someone mentions the owners manual says 91 RON which is essentially 87 R+M/2. I had 1974 Honda and kept ethanol free gas in it and my other bike 2006 Honda 599 has carbs and I keep ethanol free in it. I have a convenient source of 91 octane ethanol free and likely will just use that anyone know of any issues or where RE specifically states a recommendation

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hope there is more input on this thread. I run a Classic 350, thats just a single cylinder thumper and I have been using premium fuel.
Sunoco, mostly because that's what I sold when I was in the business

·
Registered
16 Posts
Old bike with a carb I would run ethanol free highest octane I could find. Fuel injected bikes I'm not sure, might be a waste of money

Im pretty good at wasting money :rolleyes:
Ethanol free isnt easy to find by me but Im thinking of using it for the last couple of tank fulls before I store it for the winter. No riding for me in the northeast in Dec, Jan and Feb

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my auto mechanic convinced me to never run ethanol gas in carbureted bike. before that discussion I ran ethanol free probably 90% of the time. After 6 months of never running any ethanol my floats never stuck again,

·
Registered
29 Posts
The ethanol story is a sore subject .. In a dry , warm environment , there is NO problem High humidity cooler temps , that is where the most problems show up ....,Especially if the bike sits for an extended lengh of time ...,This is after many years of observation ... ,I'm in Deep South Texas , Michigan born .. , Never a problem with an average of 12 bikes on hand at all times . I use regular pump 87 octane . Year round ...., Never a problem ....,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts