Royal Enfield Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am just about to purchase the new, "reborn" classic 350 and I just wonder - are the new bikes more reliable than the old ones, that are generally known for poor reliability ?
Thanks for your comments
Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having only done around 400 miles on my Classic 350 and not having had an older version I am perhaps not best qualified to answer your question.
However I can say that at this point I have nothing but praise for this bike and I've ridden and owned quite a few bikes some a lot more powerful and expensive. Everything about the bike seems good. It's not a speed rocket but no one in their right mind buying one would expect it to be. As long as you don't anticipate doing long motorway miles and preferably not too much dual carriageway miles it is a brilliant bike. Above all it looks like a real motorbike!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just recently purchased a Holycon grey classic 350 and have only 300 miles on it so I too am not a good source of information on this bike,but I did alot of research about the bike.It has been running flawlessly since I got it.when I was at the dealer looking at the bike,two nice guys from India happened to be there (They did not work their) and explained to me alot about the Royal Enfield motorcycles .and they actually sold me on them ,the sales man that was standing there which I thought would give me his sales pitch had nothing to add to the conversation.Also the bike is very easy to work on,and these forums help alot .Plus the price they sell for is so cheap or should I say inexpensive ,the next grade of motorcycle is at least 2-3 thousand more.so my suggestion is go for it and buy with confidence,One more thing is the bike has a 3 year unlimited warranty Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's like chalk and cheese trying to compare the modern classic 350 with earlier models. I have friends who still ride earlier versions with carburettors and drum brakes but would I buy one? No, despite the fact their bikes are over 40 years old and still running. They fettle with their bikes every month adjusting things...

The latest version is designed to modern standards of safety and technology with Euro 5 rating, disc brakes and ABS - far superior to earlier models. The engineering behind everything has been reviewed and is more up to date. This has to bode well for future reliability as well as safety.

The bike has only been around a short time. So far I've not heard any horror stories from owners, but its still very early days. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts