• Create Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Use shoutbox only for small talks. Any other things related to bulls ,post in forums.
@  Gstaar : (24 April 2014 - 01:09 PM) Strobe Lights

Photo

Waiting Period For New Thunderbird 350

TBTS 350 thunderbird waiting period Waiting Period Bangalore

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

miltonsimons

miltonsimons

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 102 posts
  • Locationmumbai
  • Bullets Owned:TB350

The waiting period is increasing day by day. Booked my Thunderbird 350 Twilight from Brahma Motors in Pune. Was told the waiting is 5-6 months but the bike would arrive by 3-4 months. Just checked a few days back to know if my status is on target, they informed the waiting may go upto 7-8 months as the twilight color is not frequently available and the lots that have come in so far have less number of twilight TB350. Hence I mailed the Customer Service of RE and their Area Sales Manager responded stating that the waiting period in Maharashtra and Goa is 10 months for TB350 for both colors due to excessive demand and less supply. He also did not confirm the start of the production in the new plant in Oragadam. This is not right on the part of the delivery system of Royal Enfield. They should be transparent in the delivery system and as well as the allocation of bikes to the dealers. I have seen people getting delivery of bikes in 2 months in Pune by using I dont know what contacts or setting.. The excitement slowly goes down after hearing such reports.

yes the waiting period does increase by each passing day...as more and more people book REs and join the queue. In Mumbai the waiting period for Classic and TBTS 350 is 10 - 12 months.

The production Go Live date at Oragadam plant is classified information, so I'm not sure if we can get that information until the company makes a public announcement.

And yes setting/jugaad happens at all levels in all sectors in every thing that we do in our daily lives so dont be surprised by that.

I can completely understand when you say "the excitement slowly goes down"...it surely does...after a few months when u ask the dealer about the delivery date and he keeps postponing it to a few days/week...you somehow wont feel very frustrated as by then you would kind of get used to it. Thats the beauty of our brain ;)

All the best and I hope you get your bird soon

omprakash

omprakash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationcoimbatore
  • Bullets Owned:TB350, Continental GT

I always had a great passion towards bikes and riding them to excellence... I learnt to driving with my uncle's Suzuki Fiero(150 cc, First of its kind).. It was the early 150 bikes launched in India... I grown riding bikes and riding even faster... my top speed was 120 kmph with my dad's Hero Honda glamour.. My friends call my "scary fast".....  my dream was to buy a Yamaha Hunk... R15... I always dream about it... At that time my mind set was that RE are normally heavy and doesn't suit for college guys... Till that time the longest distance I ever driven the bike was at the max of 100 kms..... But then it happened, a friend of mine wants to move his thing from his home in Bangalore to Coimbatore college hostel... We decided to take bike.... I always had this bad thing with me, I doesn't leave anyone to drive the bike, it doesn't matter whoever it is, or whosoever bike it is... At that time he had Yamaha R15....   Just a day before our journey, unfortunately something went wrong with the bike... So we had no other go to take his dad's RE bullet Electra.... As usual I started the bike from his home in bangalore.... That was the first time I'm driving an RE.. The engine sound annoyed me... I'm irritated... But when distance passed on, when clouds went dark, I started loving the way it is... the engine sound pleased to my ears...  I haven't felt a bit of stress or pain while raiding it... just took 5 and half hours to reach Coimbatore... the ride was Awe Some .. That day I realised that RE is designed to comfort everyone not to impress anyone.. BUT I'M IMPRESSED BY THE WAY ITS.... Its from then I started exploring RE... Now I've Booked my RE TB 350 6 months ago.. will be getting it delivered ina a couples of weeks time...

Aditya Khare

Aditya Khare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPune
I came to know a couple of weeks back that the delivery for TB350 Twilight is a bit slow due to shortage in the twilight colour and excessive demand in Maharashtra and Goa and hence the delivery time is now 8-10 months. I rechecked with the dealer a couple of days back and he informed me that the new plant of Royal Enfield has started production and hence the wait time is now expected to go down and the bike should come in a month. I would like to know if anyone else has heard any news on the plant production being started and deliveries being made out of the new plant.

sharath

sharath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationbangalore
  • Bullets Owned:Continental GT

Hello Guys,

Anyone booked a tbts 350 in Bangalore somewhere around September 2012 and have received it pls let me know. i booked it in sept and am still waiting for it. I called up the dealer and enquired yesterday and the answer was june end or july since the color i booked is twilight and when i told him i am fine with flickr too he told me he will deliver it by may end but they do not sound reliable and i am not sure i will get it by may end also. Just waiting.... 

Regards,

Sharath

miltonsimons

miltonsimons

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 102 posts
  • Locationmumbai

Somethings not right here...you shuld've got the bike by now. In mumbai dealers have started delivering TB 350 twilight to new bookings (post 11th Oct) So its safe to assume that they have finished deliveries of all old bookings. Now I know your booking is in bangalore but I think the volume of booking for both cities would be at par. June/July is wayy too long. Back in september the waiting period was 6 - 7 months and not 9 - 10 months. 

I strongly suggest you drop in to the dealership, make some noise when there are customers around and I'm certain they will expedite your delivery. It makes a big difference when you visit the dealership personally as opposed to checking delivery status over the phone.

You might want to drop a mail to REs customer service team as well.

All the best!

sharath

sharath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationbangalore

Hello,

Last month i did get to speak to RE sales manager bangalore Area. He did tell me that there is delay in supplying bikes to the dealers from RE's end. He also told me that according to the current distribution scenario i should be getting by the end of may and also provided his mobile no and asked me to contact him if I do not receive by end of may. So i think not much hope and will have to wait till end of may.

Saltanat

Saltanat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBangalore

Hello,

Last month i did get to speak to RE sales manager bangalore Area. He did tell me that there is delay in supplying bikes to the dealers from RE's end. He also told me that according to the current distribution scenario i should be getting by the end of may and also provided his mobile no and asked me to contact him if I do not receive by end of may. So i think not much hope and will have to wait till end of may.

Hi Sharath,

Which showroom had you booked your bike at? I have booked mine at the Jayanagar outlet and they are very also pretty bad when it comes to responding. Would you be able to help me with the RE sales manager's contact number.

susovan

susovan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTamluk, West Bengal

I have booked it on 26th Feb 2013, dealer said they need  one and half month more.

miltonsimons

miltonsimons

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 102 posts
  • Locationmumbai

@ Susovan did you book a 350 or 500? I guess in either case its wonderful that your dealer committed a delivery within 3 - 4 months.

sharath

sharath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationbangalore

Hi Sharath,

Which showroom had you booked your bike at? I have booked mine at the Jayanagar outlet and they are very also pretty bad when it comes to responding. Would you be able to help me with the RE sales manager's contact number.

I booked in cvs motors bangalore. The response is bad. 

susovan

susovan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTamluk, West Bengal

@ Susovan did you book a 350 or 500? I guess in either case its wonderful that your dealer committed a delivery within 3 - 4 months.

Hi Milton

I have booked TB350, at Apollo Coaches Pvt Ltd, Howrah, West Bengal. I think u r right, Im lucky.

Aditya Khare

Aditya Khare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPune

Hello All,

I just read a news article on Royal Enfield website that they have successfully started commercial production from the new plant in Oragadam. They are currently going to roll out Thunderbird 350, Thunderbird 500 and Desert Storm model. They expect to reach a target of 175,000 motorcycles by 2013. So we can expect the waiting periods of the above 3 models to go down considerably. Hope it brings cheer to those like me who are patiently waiting for the bike to arrive.

• rajput, amitroutray and Saltanat like this

J Ravi

J Ravi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBangalore
  • Bullets Owned:TB500

Here is the link to Autocar India's article on the commencement of Royal Enfield's new plant.  While the existing owners of Royal Enfield can proudly say that their bikes are hand-crafted, I hope that the new Royal Enfields made in the new plant are better than their elders quality-wise. :)

• rajput and amitroutray like this

amitroutray

amitroutray

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBhubaneswar
  • Bullets Owned:Classic 350
It is a good News guys.😊
Cheers:rolleyes:

Triggered from SPH-D710

J Ravi

J Ravi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBangalore
  • Bullets Owned:TB500

This news report appeared in today's Deccan Herald:

Attached File  REnewplant.jpg   177.64K   26 downloads

• Siddharth, rajput, Shammi and 1 other like this

Saltanat

Saltanat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBangalore

Hi People,

I had dropped into the showroom to check the status of my booking of my TB350 which I had booked in Dec 30th. The dealer told me that I will be getting it only in Aug. There are 157 people before me yet to get their bird. Does it sound fair enough considering the fact that the new plant has already started manufacturing.

Regards,

Sal

miltonsimons

miltonsimons

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 102 posts
  • Locationmumbai

Well the new plant has only just started production so I guess we have to wait a few weeks to see the impact that the new plant has on the waiting period for our beloved REs. I'm sure waiting period will drop, now its 2 plants churning out bikes so its ought to improve the supply of REs to meet the huge demand.

For now we just got to keep our fingers crossed.

All the best mate! :)

• amitroutray likes this

Shammi

Shammi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPune

Hi People,

I had dropped into the showroom to check the status of my booking of my TB350 which I had booked in Dec 30th. The dealer told me that I will be getting it only in Aug. There are 157 people before me yet to get their bird. Does it sound fair enough considering the fact that the new plant has already started manufacturing.

Regards,

Sal

This came i the TOI newspaper today about the new plant and it's capacity - Total production capacity 5L units per year. This year it will be 1.75 L. However it is not clear about the year end month etc. The quality control will be better with the new automation and the waiting period will reduce. Hope this is good news for many who have booked and are waiting anxiously. Just wait for a month and I think the waiting will start going down.

Aditya Khare

Aditya Khare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPune

I enquired with my dealer in Pune. As I completed 3 months from the date of booking. He informed me he is still not sure when can he deliver the bike as according to him there is very less number for TB500 and that can come in within a month or so but TB350 has heavy booking for either color. He said there are close to 34 people before me awaiting delivery. He also said the first lot from the new plant has already reached his showroom and those are all Desert Storms.. Hope to get a new lot of TB350 this time which would clear the list.

miltonsimons

miltonsimons

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 102 posts
  • Locationmumbai

Merged threads to combine discussions around Waiting Period and New Plant thereby avoiding duplication of posts. 

• Siddharth likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)